In Circuit ESR Capacitor / Low Ohm Meter Up to 0.01 to 100 Ohms
Using 100kHz to remove the impedance 1/(2*pi*F*C), the impedance will become small, and then we can measure the true series resistor value. A bad E-capacitor have larger ESR and create large ripple rather than filtering noise. Normally, a big capacitor is larger than 3 ohm.
Therefore, we can measure the capacitor is bad, damaged or in good condition by using this theory.
Because this ESR meter only applies less than 15mV DC or peak to peak on a good capacitor, as a result we can use it as in circuit test. Because this low testing voltage, it cannot turn on the semiconductor inside a circuit under testing. During repairing TV, LCD, Audio board, etc. we can in circuit testing the capacitor is good or not.
- Using true 100 KHz sine wave to measure the ESR value, which is equal to the testing method of capacitor manufacturer.
- Dual terminal, for fast and easy inspect general capacitor or resistor, a printed ESR table for fast check.
- Measuring range from 0.001 to 100.0R, support IN CIRCUIT Testing.
- Auto-ranging capacitor ESR and Low Ohm Meter.
- Wide Measurement Range
- Accuracy: Up to 1% (detail on above table)
- High Resolution: 4 digit, or 0.001Ohm @ 1 Ohm range
- Measuring voltage: <~40mV RMS (TESTING VOLTAGE)
- Clamping voltage: ~0.15V (open voltage)
- Battery: 2X AA 1.5V
- External Power: 5V micro USB
- Operating current: 0.02A
- Battery Life time: >80 Hours
- 1x MESR-100 V2
- 2 x test clips